Friday, February 05, 2010

upbeat

To dance back a couple of nights: the outing that I was so horribly, mortally dreading turned out to be rather lovely and a great deal of fun. I can't express how much better this makes me feel about life. To have something that you have so totally and utterly convinced yourself is going to be the most inhumane form of psychological torture known to the most evil minds in the Antipodes (and there are some devious ones here, I know this: several of them are my friends..) turn out to be pleasant, relaxing and enjoyable is.. delightful. A significant word for me.

Even better - last night I managed a decent amount of sleep, broken a little by heavy rain leading me to discover one of my neighbours has a bamboo rain chime. Seriously? What kind of person thinks "Wow, that rain sounds nice! How much better would it be if it sounded like someone with no sense of timing playing a xylophone? Especially at 3am!". Bastards.

Today has been good. Or at least it feels that way. Possibly because I've spent most of it in the pub. I neither confirm nor deny my inebriousity. But you can make an educated guess from my use of the word 'inebriousity'. If the OED calls I've copywrited (copywritten?) that one.

So I'm good. And positive. Also looking forward to the weekend: I think it's going to be a good one. I hope all of you are happy and content wherever you are. Smooch. (yes, yes, I'm drunk...)

5 comments:

helena said...

Drink a pint of water and eat something before you go to bed.

(and I agree with you about the wind chimes...try scissors)

eroica said...

awwww bless.

eroica said...

oh, and i think you'd have better results (and more appartment building cred) if you used a ninja throwing star rather than the scissors.
xx

fishboy said...

Despite drinking till about midnight I've suffered no ill effects from the alcohol. On the other hand I'm not going to be chewing for a couple of days after getting hit in the jaw at karate today. I have no idea what technique it was either...

mc said...

I do like Eroica's idea of the ninja star thing. Do it. It deserves it.