Thursday, February 25, 2010

midweek messiness

I went out for a few drinks with some mates last night - big drinkers the both of them so this morning was a little shabby. One of the 'fun' things after nights like that is looking in my notebook and seeing what I considered important/pithy/funny enough to be recorded. If I can decipher my handwriting, of course.

The only legible thing from last night was "jump into the pool of life that is vodka". Which explains a few things about how I feel today.

I also managed to pass out (at home, in bed - fortunately) in the middle of txting a haiku to a friend. Poetry when pissed is pretty bad - but I guess when it comes to drunk txting it's better than waking up and finding you've sent a pic of your knob to your ex.

Which didn't happen I hasten to clarify.

A fun time was had but I paid for it this morning. And I feel I'm going to pay for it at again the gym this afternoon too...

6 comments:

eroica said...

i want haiku

fishboy said...

Haiku you shall get
Even if the quality is poor
And I tend to cheat

helena said...

A carton of grapefruit juice followed by a bacon sandwich and a gallon of sweet strong tea. That'll make you feel better.

I love the "jump into the pool of life that is vodka" quote (I've had a few nights like that - although sadly not recently). Do you think you could sell it to a vodka manufacturer?

fishboy said...

Bacon! The magical meat! Is there anything it can't cure?

mc said...

Bacon is good for everything. I'm feeling a cold coming on, better go out buy some bacon right this minute, actually.

fishboy said...

The cafe I went to this morning didn't have bacon (how is that possible?!) so I had to have ham. Which was pretty damn good I must say. The pig is a wondrous animal.