Tuesday, February 09, 2010

blurred

Today.. well, today has been a day of oddness. Like everything is just slightly askew. And not in a good way.

I put it down in part to the humid and portentous weather, partly to job stress and a weird vibe in the office, partly to the fact that all the significant women in my life here have their periods, and partly to the fact that the most significant one leaves town for good in about 36 hours.

I also had a massage (with particular focus on my perennially munted left shoulder) which is always good but also leaves me with a strange drained-yet-relaxed feeling. That didn't help at karate: which was also good, but I still managed to come away with another jaw injury (totally accidental this time tho).

I just feel out of focus today. Like an old film projector.

There have still been moments of great levity and others of wonderful intimacy - today has by no means been a wasted day. Especially since I picked up a copy of Ferris Bueller's Day Off for $6 this afternoon - how sweet is that?! I'd be watching it right now if I didn't think I'd fall asleep in the middle of it.

On that note: goodnight sweet princes & princesses, may flights of angels yadda yadda - I shall attempt to be more energetic, precise and definite on the morrow. I'll also try to stop talking like a faux-Shakespearian ponce.

2 comments:

eroica said...

that'd be a good blog title.
faux shakespearian ponce.
nice.
x

fishboy said...

Or perhaps a name for an Emo band.