Thursday, April 29, 2004

meh...

Kinda sums up my current state of mind.

I was going to post on the sad and lamentable retirement of leto since her absence is lengthening and the likelihood of a return diminishing. But I haven't the energy. Actually that was probably all I was going to say, 'cept for more along the lines of how she was so cool and hers was the first blog I read and how it was such a quality piece of interwebness. There's some blatant sycophantcy for you Sarah, more where that came from if you come back! Alternatively I promise to stop sucking-up if you do return, whichever appeals more :)

I've also been thinking about writing more in the way of movie reviews, and have made (paper) notes that might form the basis of more fully-fleshed blog entries. Note the use of the word 'might'.

I'm just suffering from a little ennui at the moment. The shift to Sydney has been a good one in many ways, but I've been a bit poorly over the last week and although I'm over the worst (past the swollen throat, through the dizziness, into the buckets-of-snot stage now) I am lacking the will to even leave the house much. I've no friends to visit and meeting new people just to sneeze on them is not a great way to make friends.

I haven't even been surfing the 'net much since this 'puter here is so old it's carved out of wood and driven by an elderly hamster in a poorly-oiled wheel. He keeps on stopping to have a puff on his asthma inhaler too.

So - meh...

But here are a few links to things that have kept me interested lately, I've been too annoyed with this abacus to search out my own stuff so apologies for the link-whoring and thanks to those who I haven't remembered to credit.

Punch a Celebrity! Hours of fun, and some of them make their own cute noises of dismay. Admit it - you've always wanted to punch out Celine Dion, P Diddy or the Teletubbies haven't you? You know you want to...
(via Green Fairy? I think...)

Skeletor, the Mummy cat! Warning, contains messiah devouring undead beasts...
(thanks to Tam, as always a provider of quality linkage)

The guy who modeled his ex-wife's wedding dress on ebay. Very funny. Example:

This dress cost me $1200 that my drunken sot of an ex-father-in-law swore up and down he would pay for but didn't so I got stuck with the bill. Luckily I only got stuck with his daughter for 5 years. Thank the Lord we didn't have kids. If they would have turned out like her or her family I would have slit my wrists. Anyway, it's a really nice dress as you can see in the pictures. Personally, I think it looks like a $1200 shower curtain, but what do I know about this.
(via Peter M)

Another example of how right Frank is about artists. I mean what the hell? Props to her for putting her flesh where her mouth is (so to speak...), but to call it 'art'? Sigh...

Finally a bit of US politics, always good for a laugh...

Later gaters.

No comments: