This week I've:
* worked at handling and mounting several million dollars of art for a Deutsche/Menzies auction. The very first painting I helped put up was worth around $1.2 million. Which I didn't find out until well after we'd finished the job, thank god.
* scooped gelato for minimum wage. Boring but tasty. Mmmmm.
* been shortchanged by the ferry autotellers, reaffirming my mistrust of machines.
* watched rugby in a huge pub full of kiwis in Bondi (All Blacks vs England, we trampled 'em). And enjoyed myself a great deal.
* been grilled about what I know about Brisbane by a Bangladeshi I met at a bus stop. It's hot, that's about it, but he was pretty persistent.
* had a teenager call me "sir" and offer me his seat on the bus (oh god - do I look that old!).
* drove across the city without looking at a map and didn't get lost!
* accidentally posted this entry as a draft and wondered where it was for three days. Sigh.