Tuesday, March 22, 2005

wibble

I've no idea where my head is these days.
*looks under bed*
Nope not there.
*wonders how I can see without a head*
*wonders how I can wonder without a head*

As you see.

A disturbing development on the music in my head (wherever it may be) I had Mr Burns' song "See My Vest" running through my head the whole day last Friday. Analyse that one..

I also managed to remember a dream I had the other day. Well part of one. Just the bit where I was driving and giving some other car the finger. I've been driving in Sydney too much.

I was going to tell you all about the heinous salmon day I had the other day, but.. I can't be arsed griping. A salmon day, for the uninitiated, is the feeling of swimming upstream all day only to get screwed and die. Even though I've left the aquarium the fish analogies still haunt me.

I can't be arsed thinking up anything. So I'm just going to pull stuff from some of my notebooks. Observations on my pathetic daily existence. It's not going to be coherent, but then I'm rarely coherent...

Like the other morning when the first thing (no pun intended) I saw on the way to the bus in the morning was an elderly man pissing on the side of a car. Not on the wheel either - all over the door. He obviously had no prostate problems from the coverage he was getting too.

Zoning out on the bus to work, watching the morning commuters scurrying off to work, quietly loathing the 9 to 5 rat race (including my part in it), when the bus stops with a tree right next to my window - with columns of ants marching up & down the trunk. Irony eh? Sometimes mother nature has excellent timing.

Running to cross the road to get to catch/miss a bus and running up onto the sidewalk by a one-legged man on crutches. I felt strangely ashamed. Like I was flaunting my able-bodiedness in front of him..

Beware, when driving and listening to the radio really loud, that if they play Rammstein and you have a shaved head people will assume you're a Nazi.

Gah. Most of these are illegible, and I've no idea if I've expanded any to blog posts before.

I'll leave you with one of my favourite quotes from the sublimely ridiculous 'Simply Dancing' tv series: "The cha cha is so bubbly it makes the Wiggles look like Nick Cave!"

No comments: